About Van Beek Systems
Custom Video Production, Training and Online Learning Solutions
With more than 32 years in the transportation and security industries, Peter Van Beek has the expertise to guide your next online learning, training, and video production project to fruition with success.
Peter Van Beek started Van Beek Systems after seeing an alarming downward trend in the overall quality of commercial driver safety training programs. In response to September 11th 2001, Peter was asked to write and produce our nation’s first terrorism prevention program for the transportation industry – Operation Secure Transport (OST). Following the success of OST, Peter wrote and produced follow-up terrorism prevention and security training programs specifically designed for the motor coach industry, trucking as well as school bus drivers.
The vision for Van Beek Systems was born from the idea that education can help prevent similar tragedies, vehicle crashes and that this knowledge could be applied to assist other companies and individuals of any size to work and live safely.
TSA’s budget had been slashed, and no privatized sector had filled the gap. With years of experience as an expert for groups such as the National Transportation Safety Board, Department of Homeland Security, and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Van Beek Systems stepped up to help transportation companies improve their safeguards against hazard and liability exposure issues that plague companies and individuals across the nation.
Built on conviction, Van Beek Systems has become an all-inclusive safety and security resource for federal clients and some of the largest companies in the safety industry.
Our professionals can perform DOT & FMCSA compliance reviews, OSHA evaluations, TSA compliance training, as well as customized training programs designed to address the specific needs of your company’s exposure.
Van Beek Systems provides the assistance you need with on-site evaluations and custom produced learning materials that move you forward to a safer future.
Whether it’s assisting you in developing your own custom training program, e-learning program or delivering the highest quality safety consulting in the industry, VBS and its team of industry professionals are ready to discuss your needs today.
Van Beek Systems will help create a solution that’s right for you.
Pete Van Beek CV
President and CEO of Van Beek Systems, Inc. has spent 32 years in the transportation safety and security field. Author of “Tough Mark” and “Charlie and the Bully”
- B.S. Dallas Baptist University;
- M.S., Safety Engineering, Columbia Southern University;
- Certified Safety Health Manager through the Board of Safety and Health Management;
- Certified Fleet Safety Manager from the Motor Transportation Safety Association;
- Registered Hazard Control technician with the Board of Hazard Control Managers;
- Certified Occupational Health & Safety Technologist from the American Industrial Hygiene Association Board of Directors.
- Previously Corporate Vice President, Safety & Security, Coach USA, Inc.;
- Corporate Director, Safety & Training, Waste Management;
- Currently Vice President- Board of Directors- of the National Academy of Medical Examiners
- Previously Vice President- Board of Directors- of the National Institute of Motor Carrier Training
- Pete has offered testimony to the Federal Department of Transportation in Washington D.C. related to many different proposed rulemakings.
- He’s been called as an expert witness to testify to the National Transportation Safety Board hearings 2001.
- He was asked to offer testimony to the Surface Transportation Senate Sub Committee including Senators John McCain, Rockefeller and Breaux regarding transportation security 2002.
- Pete has been contracted by the Dept of Homeland Security to write, film and produce our nation’s first two terrorism prevention training programs for motorcoach drivers and school bus drivers.
- He has been the Executive Producer of numerous safety and security training projects since 2001 winning a total of 19 awards at vari ous film festivals.